Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Number and Color Books

One of my goals, as I'm adding to this blog, is to keep everything very non-intimidating for you moms who think you aren't crafty or creative (even though you probably are). Sometimes I look at other blogs and think, "That's amazing but I would NEVER take the time to do it!" I hope you feel like all of these ideas are very doable. :) With that said, here are a couple of very homemade looking books that we've made!

Number/Counting Books:

We've made these a couple different ways. We have a bunch of 5X7 paper around for some reason so that's what we used. For one number book, I wrote the number and the number word (1-10) on each page and had Rowin add the corresponding number of stickers. 

For another number book, I put a number sticker in the middle of each page (1-10 again) and had Rowin use differend stamps to stamp the corresponding number on each page. 

Here are a couple pages from the books, side by side. When he was finished with all of the pages, I used a hole punch and bound them together with yarn. 





You could do this several different ways. If your kids are a little bit older, you could have them trace the numbers and number words. You could also have them draw their own shapes or pictures. 


Color Book:

Same idea as the number books except with colors. I wrote a different color word on each page for Rowin and then had him use matching markers and stickers to decorate each page. Make sure you let your child decide where the stickers go instead of telling them, since the goal is for them to practice identifying matching colors. 



I bound this one with little plastic fasteners, but you could use yarn, metal rings, or just staple it together. Rowin thought my cover was lame, so he added a little somethin somethin. 


I hang all of his little books from a Command hook on the refridgerator, low to the ground, so that he can grab them and look at them when he wants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment