Sunday, February 7, 2016

Valentine's Day Crafts and Activities


It's the month of love! And hearts and chocolate and lots of themed crafts....at least in our house. We took a week off of our usual routine last week and did all things Valentine's Day. I tried to do all things that both my four year old and 20 month old could do, so all of these ideas are good for a variety of ages. Here's how I kept my crew busy this past week...

Valentine Shakers
Here's what you'll need: paper plates, clear tape, and rice or dry beans


I had the kids decorate their plates with stickers and markers. Then we put a little bit of rice on each plate, folded it in half, and taped it shut. They've been making "music" with them all week. ;)




Valentine Snow Globes
We used a couple of Ball jars we had in the house. The kids filled them with foam shapes, hearts made out of pipe cleaners, heart beads, sequins, and glitter. I filled them up with water, sealed them nice and tight, and let them shake away. 



Patterns with Candy Hearts
First, I started a pattern with candy hearts and Rowin (4) had to finish my pattern. Then he wanted to come up with his own patterns. For younger kiddos, stick with AB patterns. For older kids, you can try more challenging patterns like ABB or ABC, etc. 



Digging for Candy Hearts
I buried several candy hearts in a bin filled with rice and gave the kids several digging tools. Rowin, Rayna, and one of their buddies had to dig and find all of the hearts. Then they got to eat them of course!



Make Homemade Valentines
The kids made these for all of the grandparents. Paint + construction paper + stickers = masterpieces. 


Decorate Valentine's Day Cookies
We went super simple this time and used a mix and I'm not gonna lie, they tasted amazing. We didn't even bother pulling out our cute heart cookie cutters. The kids just had fun eating the dough and putting sprinkles on everything. :)



So many fun things to do for Valentine's Day! If you're looking for more ideas, you can check in January 2015 or February 2014 of my Blog Archives. Happy Valentine's Day! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment