Saturday, February 27, 2016

Letter M

This was still a recovery week for us, so we didn't do a whole lot. We got a little bit in for letter M though. Here's what we did...

Day 1:

  • Bible Story/Memory Verse
  • Reviewed A-L and introduced M
  • Block Letter
    • Rowin traced it with his finger, saying, "Up the ladder, down the slide. Up the ladder, down the slide."
    • Then he filled it in with some leftover Valentine's Day M&M's. 
(See previous post for free printable link)
  • Writing
    • On our chalkboard, I modeled a capital M, saying the verbal prompt from above. 
    • He erased over the lines with a wet paper towel. 
    • He erased over the lines with a dry paper towel.
    • He wrote one himself.
    • Then we repeated for lowercase, using the verbal prompt, "Down, up and over, up and over. "
  • Rhyming Puzzle-We have a puzzle with pictures of objects that rhyme (cat, bat; mouse, house, etc.) Rowin worked on that for a while. I forgot to take a pic and I actually don't know where that came from-maybe my teaching days? You could probably find one at a teacher store or Learning Express.
Day 2:
  • Bible Story/Memory Verse
  • Reviewed A-M flashcards
  • Dot Marker Page
(See previous post for free printable link)

  • Cutting Practice-I forgot to print the page I had wanted to use, so I just drew a bunch of dotted lines on a piece of paper and had Rowin cut them out. 

  • Mouse Craft-I cut the pieces out and Rowin glued them all on.








No comments:

Post a Comment