Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Thanksgiving Banner

I'm getting excited for Christmas already but I'm trying not to completely skip over Thanksgiving quite yet. Here's a little craft to get your kiddos to think about what they're thankful for. You could make this a million different ways, but here's what I used.


I ripped pages out of an old book and had Rowin color them. Then I cut those into triangles and cut larger triangles out of construction paper so that there would be a border. Next, we glued those together.

 After the triangles were all put together, I asked Rowin what he was thankful for. After he said, "bears and pictures" (who knows what goes on in that little head), I redirected the convo a little bit. :) "I helped him come up with "Daddy and Jesus" and then of course, Elsa and Anna made it on the banner too.


We punched holes, strung it with twine, and hung it in our dining room. Just something simple to start a conversation about being thankful this holiday season. Tweak it however you like!




No comments:

Post a Comment