Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Treasure Hunt

This was a fun toddler version of a scavenger hunt. I had some thick, multicolored yarn leftover from teaching that I used. You could use anything similar-rope, string, etc. I taped or attached the yarn to several different objects around the entire downstairs area in our house, making sure to send Rowin back and forth, in all different directions. I showed him where to start and told him to hold on to the yarn and follow it until he got all the way to the "treasure" at the end. At the very end, I had the yarn go around the corner (so he couldn't see it) and taped a bag of M&M's to the end. Your treasure doesn't have to be anything big or fancy-especially for little ones. He loved it, so I had him do it again in reverse and hid a new treasure at the other end. :) 
Ideally, you'd set the whole thing up without your child seeing, maybe during nap time. However, I set the whole thing up with Rowin watching me, but since he had no idea what I was doing, it really didn't make a difference!







No comments:

Post a Comment