Monday, May 2, 2016

Letter R

I have to be honest, this was a rough week in our house. Cold and rainy all week so we were stuck inside. Everyone was driving everyone crazy. Rowin had no interest in anything I had prepared. All that to say, we only did two days of school this week, and we did the minimum at that. Ahhh!! Just one of those weeks. :/

Day 1:

  • Bible Story: We finished our Jesus Calling Children's Bible, so we just started the Jesus Storybook Bible-love it!!
  • Introduced letter R
  • Color by Letter
Free printable HERE!

  • Block Letter-traced with finger and filled with rocks (These were a souvenir from a little trip we just took. He and Rayna are obsessed with them-so funny!)
Free printables HERE!

  • Paint Bags
    • I made one for each of them. I just squirted a little bit of different color paints in a quart sized bag and then taped them to the table. 
    • Rowin practiced writing capital and lowercase R's. Since the table is blue, it was hard for them to see, so we slipped a piece of white paper behind the bags so that they could see the letters better. 


    • After he had practiced writing a few R's, we pulled out some cookie cutters and they had fun making different shapes in the paint. When they were all done, I taped them to our glass, back door so they could play with them for a few more days. 
Day 2:
  • Bible Story/Memory Verse
  • Reviewed A-R
  • Dot Marker Page
Free printable HERE!

  • Pattern Puzzles
    • I started a few patterns and had Rowin finish them. Then he created several of his own. 

Not sure what this smile/grimace is?


  • R Craft-We made a ROWIN for the letter R! He thought this was pretty hilarious. :)

Overall, not the best week in our family's history, but tomorrow's a new day. We're all learning how to extend and receive grace over here. This past week felt like a big failure, but I'm thankful that the Lord doesn't expect me to be a perfect mom. He expects me to fail, but to recognize my weakness so that His strength can be perfected in me. I am certainly a work in progress-my kids will be the first to tell you that, but his grace is sufficient for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment