Sunday, February 8, 2015

Food Groups


 Rowin likes cooking up feasts for me with his play food. Last week, we spent a little time talking about the different food groups and made up a few games. (Food groups/nutrition were part of our science curriculum when I taught second grade so I know my three year old doesn't really need to know this yet...but why not introduce it, right?)

I didn't even teach all of the groups. I kind of loosely combined a few-vegetables, fruits, meat and dairy, and grains/breads/pasta.

Once I showed him all of the groups, I took a few food items, gave them to him, and he had to put each item in the right food group.

We also made a few "balanced meals", picking items from each group.

Rowin had another pile of all the desserts-ice cream, cookies, cake, chocolate, etc. When I asked him if I could have a dessert too, he gave me this.


Thank you, generous child. Looks delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment