Thursday, December 11, 2014

Christmas Tree Crafts


It's the most wonderful time of the year! Although, truth be told, while I have a million fun Christmas ideas that I had hoped to do with my kiddos, my son has been a bit of a Scrooge lately. (No one tells you that 3's are quite possibly much worse than 2's!) So many of my ideas have been received with a warm, "No, I don't want to do that!" Bahumbug. It's been a bit of a difficult season for me. I'm trying to learn when to make situations "teachable moments" about having a thankful heart/good attitude and when to throw my ideas and expectations out the window and just dance (for the 800th time) to Let it Go because that's what he really wants to do. Ah, motherhood.

We HAVE had a few crafty-mood days though so we've made a few different kinds of Christmas trees. As usual, all with supplies we had lying around.

Popsicle Stick Christmas Trees:


For these, we broke popsicle sticks, and glued them together to look like Christmas trees. We let them dry and came back to them the next day. I had planned on painting them green, but forgot we let a friend borrow our paints, so we used a green dot marker instead. (If you have paint, that would be cuter.) ;) After Rowin put some green dots on, we added some Christmas foam stickers. Then I drew on the garland with glue and Rowin poured the glitter on top. We may tie a string around one and turn it into an ornament. We'll see...


Scrap Paper Christmas Tree:


For this one, I cut a tree out of construction paper and had Rowin (and his buddy Ellie) color it. Then he glued on cut up pieces of wrapping paper and added a bow on top.

Handprint Christmas Tree:

For this tree, I traced Ro's hand and cut it out about five times. We glued them on, upside down, to look like a tree and added a trunk and a few stickers for ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment