Friday, August 8, 2014

Spoon Matching Games

So, clearly I am a no-frills mom. I still pin all of the adorable ideas I see on Pinterest that would take me five hours to prepare and OCCASIONALLY I'll attempt a more elaborate craft or project, but for the most part, I like to keep it simple. Real simple. Like be able to whip it up in two minutes with a newborn on my lap simple. This is one such activity.

I grabbed a handful of plastic spoons and a permanent marker, drew a shape on the back of each spoon (two of each shape so they each had a match), and then mixed them all up and had Rowin find the matches and put them together.


We made another matching game with numbers. I wrote the numbers 1-5 on the backs of spoons and then drew dots to correspond with each number on the backs of five more spoons. Rowin had to match the numbers with with the dots. 


I threw each set of spoons into a ziplock bag and labeled them so that we can pull them out to play with another day. 


If these concepts are too easy for your child, you could do capitol and lowercase letters or numerals and number words.

No comments:

Post a Comment