Friday, June 6, 2014

Kid-Made Garden Markers

We're a little late on getting our veggie garden planted this year. I'm blaming it on being 39 weeks pregnant. :) But in thinking ahead to when it's actually done, I decided to have Rowin help me make some herb and veggie markers. We used Jumbo popsicle sticks and acrylic paint (which I THINK will hold up to the rain but I'm not actually sure).
I painted some while he painted his. Crafts are so therapeutic to me so I always jump in too. Can you tell whose are whose?


Once they were dry, I used a permanent marker to write the names of the veggies and herbs we'll be planting. The marker bled into the wood wherever there wasn't paint so I'd recommend painting the whole popsicle stick first and then letting your little one paint over it. I ended up not being able to use a few of Rowin's because the marker bled too much. 


We'll see how they hold up once they've been in the soil for a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment